Tuesday, January 28, 2003

Prayers Needed for Elisheva Chana bas Sarah

While I was living in Jerusalem, I met this amazing woman, who has dedicated her life to helping others.  For years she has been actively involved in helping children who have been sexually violated, along with adult survivors. 

Even though my stay in Jerusalem was relatively short, Elisheva helped me network in various charedi communities, and learn about the protocols of dealing with sexual abuse in Israel.  To be honest I don't know what I would have done without her. 

Earlier today I learned that my dear friend was diagnosed with cancer. When I spoke to her, I asked if there was anything I could do? She said "just pray."  I'm sure she could use all the prayers she can get. Her name is:  Elisheva Chana bas Sarah

Thanks!
Vicki

No comments: